We have had some of you coming into school asking to collect the food boxes which we are giving out.
Unfortunately, these are ONLY for children who are entitled to Free School Meals.
This will be your child IF you are on;
- Income Support,or
- income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance, or
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Universal Credit, with an income of less than £7,400 a year
- support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, or
- Child Tax Credit,if you have an annual taxable income (as assessed by H M Revenue and Customs) which does not exceed £16,190
This will be something that you already have in place through one of these benefits. It is sadly not just because of the new problems we have from the social isolating.
We have a list in school of all families who can have Free School Meals and we can only give the boxes to these people.
For the past couple of years in England, all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have been given a meal in school which you do not pay for. This is referred to, by the Government, as Universal Free School Meals. So we can see the confusion! The boxes are NOT instead of that, you will not be able to have one.
If you are not sure whether you are on our list, please mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can check, rather than you having a wasted journey coming to school.
Please don’t listen to rumours.
Keep checking the website as we will update on there if there are any changes.