November 8th, 2018: 2.30pm- 6.30pm
As many of you will know, Leeds North and West Foodbank have taken on the lease for a double shop unit in the Cranmer Bank shops. From late this year Foodbank sessions will run from that space, which is already hosting a once a week community café hosted by St Stephen’s Church. The project is supported by our local councillors.
Whilst there is still some work to be done on the building, Foodbank, St Stephen’s and our neighbours at MAECare are now in a position to formally begin the process of listening to our local communities to see what else could and should be happening in the space.
* We want to hear what people need and want.
* We want to hear from people who don’t usually get a say.
* We want to work in a way that doesn’t undermine what is already happening.
* We want to work with people who are prepared to help us make the space work for as many people as possible.
And so we want to invite you to a listening event on Thursday November 8th. It will be open from 2.30pm until 6.30pm. It will be held at St Stephen’s Church (on the corner of Tynwald Drive and Cranmer Bank). You can pop in for five minutes or all four hours. We’ll have drinks and snacks ready to go.
* If you have an idea of what is needed in our local community, come and tell us.
* If you know people who aren’t often listened to (including our young people), bring them along.
* If you represent a local community group who are already active in the area, come and tell us what you are doing.
* If you are committed to including people from all sectors of our local area, come and help us connect more people.
For more information call Jude Smith on 01132687737, or email firstname.lastname@example.org