There have been changes to the criteria for eligibility for Free School Meals.
You can claim Free School Meals for any child who normally lives with you and who is classed as being under your parental care.
To get Free School Meals you must receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (and your net combined household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax)
- Income Support, Pension Guarantee Credit, Income-based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (With No Working Tax Credit) and your Annual Taxable Income does not exceed £16,190.
It is a quick and simple online form and the only information you will need is:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child’s name and date of birth
- School your child is attending
If you would like some help or to speak to someone about Free School Meal entitlement. Please speak to Miss Linsley or Mrs Arthur
More information and an application form can be accessed at https://www.leeds.gov.uk/schools-and-education/apply-for-free-school-meals